Friday, June 24, 2011

Life Is Not A Bed Of Roses! Take The Blinders OFF!

Life is not a bed of Roses!

Have you ever heard that statement and wondered just exactly what it meant to you?  Well I did, and the journey to finding out has been an Emotional one.

I had to go all the way back to my childhood and take a good hard and honest look at myself!  While looking at myself I also discovered things about other people in my life that I had been seeing through rose colored glasses.  Have you ever done the same thing?

I always thought that my Grandmother was a perfect person, until I took off the blinders and saw her for the human being that she really was!  My Grams, was a woman who had struggled with Life, the same as anyone else!  She grew up in the very early 1900's, she didn't have the modern conviences that I have taken for granted at times.  Like running water in the house, she had to go outside to either a homemade well or the creekbed to get her water!  I cannot imagine someone today making 20 trips to a well and back, just to fill a tub to wash their clothes.  Yes, I've seen it on TV or read it in books, I did not see those avenues as glimpses into my own famlies struggles....tv and books were just fiction stories to me. 

I remember telling Grams "You don't understand How I Feel, I just Lost my child!".  Little did I know that life had not been a bed of roses for her either in that aspect of life.  She knew exactly what I was feeling as she also had lost a child, since she had chosen not to divulge that information to me as a child, I was unaware of this fact!  We were only privy to certain aspects of our parents and grandparents lives, as I am sure there are many others out there were in the same boat!  The point is that she moved on with life and lived her life to the best of her ability with the learning and coping skills that she had available to her!

Today, we have a vast array of tools available to us, to learn how to cope and move on to living life on lifes terms.  Life is not a bed of roses, it has ups and downs, straight aways and curves it is up to us to decide how we deal with it daily.  Both in our personal life and our business life!  Will you take off the blinders?


You are very welcome to comment in the comment box!

~~Magical Marilyn~~
~~I Believe In You! ~ Now It's Time For You To Believe In You!~~

3 comments:

  1. What a great post Marilyn! I think life is what we make of it. We can learn and grow stronger from all the trials and tribulations or we can let them defeat us.

    I think each and every one of us has used those same "rose colored glasses". I agree - time to take them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned things about my grandmother also that made me see her in a different light--not a very pleasant one. The secret she took to her grave about my dad's REAL father has made me bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!